Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Good, the Bad, & the UGLY

Seattle, like anywhere else has it's good things and bad things. To illustrate my point...

The Good:

No I did not take this picture, but we do see bald eagles a lot.

Nope didn't take this one either but we have seen killer whales a few times

Took this one! This is at the Tulip Festival this past April. So, before I move on to the more negative portion of this post I should say that it is BEAUTIFUL here and what we lack in quantity of sunny days we make up for in quality. Now...

The Bad:

Opposums are maybe the ugliest creatures on this planet. In fact, when I see one dead on the road I think "cool 1 down 300 million to go" (sorry to those who love them) So, that being said, you can imagine my excitment when Tess noticed something walking across our back fence a few months ago. Yep a cat-sized rat thing in my back yard-luckily we haven't seen him since.



Me and the kids actually kind of like snails (Tess and Sawyer keep themselves busy lining them all up on the sidewalk) Mark, however insists that they make it on the "bad" list because they attract moles which ruin our yard.

The rain is of course kind of a bummer but I'm determined to not let it slow us down this year. Plus-the kids look pretty cute in their coats don't you think?

The UGLY:

When I get to heaven I'm determined to inquire about slugs-I mean seriously.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Gross!!! That sucker is Huge! That's all I have to say about that!

JR and Brynn said...

Okay, you crack me up always. I want to be there when you inquire about anything in Heaven because I know it will be hilarious! Love the coats. So cute!

Kati said...

Wow, that is one mean slug! So gross. I think Justin would add them to the bad list as well. Our poor garden!